5.16.2012

Lunchbox: Chocolate Dipped Fruit

I love trying new ways to get kids, and grown-up kids, to eat more fruits.  What better way than dipping them into chocolate, duh.  When I was a nanny, this was one of my favorite ways and the kids went crazy.

And not just any chocolate, a HEALTHY dark chocolate.  Yes, finally!

I have recently become obsessed with a line of dark chocolates (I may, or may not have a piece every night...) called Lily's.  
They are all-natural, no sugar added, dark chocolates - a-maz-ing. They sweeten their dark chocolate with stevia, a natural, botanical sweet­ener that comes from the plant Stevia rebaudiana.  It virtually has zero calories and is safe for diabetics.  Honestly, it tastes perfect.

Here's my idea for your kiddo's lunchbox!
(and let's be honest, it's probably for your lunchbox too)

Melt 1 dark Lily's chocolate bar, any flavor, over a double-boiler.
(That means put it in a bowl on top of a simmering pot of water)
+
add 1/4 cup of milk (skim, whole, almond, soy)
PS: these are not my personal pics.  They are just for visual effect :)

Dip any fruit into the melted Lily's dark chocolate

Lay the fruits on parchment paper and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes

Stuff them in your kids lunchbox & feel good about them chowing down their healthy fruit treats at school.
 Meggie

No comments:

Post a Comment