5.11.2012

Do the Staple Shuffle

Happy Friday, everyone!

In honor of the weekend, I'm in introducing you to a series I call the staple shuffle.  One, because I like to shuffle on the weekends :)  But more importantly, I play this game at least once a week for dinner & I want to share.

I have no clue what I'm making, but I know I always have a few healthy staple items in my pantry to play with.

Side note: This typically happens when Peter, the boy, craves a huge, cheesy homemade Skyline 3-way, a Cincinnati delicacy. Trust me, I have a few bites of it, can't resist.  Plus, nothing tastes as good as the first bite.
 A few years ago I would have made my own, with extra cheese, but I made the change to eat healthy during the week.  This means I need to have staple, healthy items on guard at all times.  (This is one of my best healthy secrets)


Anywho, let's play The Staple Shuffle!
Staples for the Shuffle 
  • Canned tuna packed in water
  • Whole wheat english muffins (whole foods brand are a-maz-ing)
  • baby spinach
  • feta cheese
  • cottage cheese
  • seedless cucumber
  • tzatziki sauce - it's the best and easiest sauce! I will post my personal recipe soon.
hmmm...

Et Voilia!!  Greek Tuna Melt!
Here's how I did it:


Start with my tzatziki sauce as the flavor for the tuna

Mix in canned tuna


Pile on to WF english muffin and top with cottage cheese and plenty of feta cheese & toast until warmed through


Add baby spinach and thinly sliced cucumber


Add more of the tzatziki sauce to the top muffin


There she is!  So delicious & nutritious!

See, you just have to put in a little creativity to your everyday meals.  They really can be fast, tasty and healthy! Thanks for playing :)


Meggie



No comments:

Post a Comment