6.01.2012

Staple Shuffle: Cherry Almond Oatmeal Delight

After a long weekend and week of traveling, I was really reaching to make a meal from my empty fridge and pantry.
 
BUT, I did it.  AND it was healthy.  

Although tempting, I didn't just reach for the 1/2 eaten bag of chips and queso left from my man's week home alone (he's clearly rebelling my healthy cooking when I'm gone).  
Instead I made...

The. Best. Oatmeal. Ever. OMG.

Here's who played the Cherry Almond Oatmeal Delight Shuffle...
Cherry Almond Oatmeal Delight ingredients




  • 1/2 cup Quaker quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp almond extract
  • 1/2 cup cherries, pitted & chopped
  • agave drizzle









Cook oats according to the directions (1/2 cup to 1 cup milk = 1 serving).  If you are using almond milk, which is bomb, I would cook them longer than directed.

 Add in a couple drops of this bad boy.  *Almond extract, and all extracts, are a huge secret to making a dish taste great without adding calories*

 
 If you are old fashioned like moi, smash the cherries to get the pit/seed out.  If you are cooler than me, use a cherry pitter (wedding gift anyone?!).

Add in cherries and cook it all together in microwave.

Add a drizzle of agave and you are ready for some power oatmeal!
Mmmm, it's so delish!  I can just smell it now :)  

 Meggie


No comments:

Post a Comment